CALL FOR PROPOSALS 2018 - now open!
The Netherlands promotes respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms of every citizen in the OSCE-area and beyond. Through the Human Rights Fund of the Representation of the Netherlands to the OSCE, the Netherlands aims to:
- promote freedom of expression and other fundamental freedoms as a cornerstone of democratic societies;
- contribute to an effective protection of the rights of minorities;
- strengthen the fight against intolerance and discrimination;
- support human rights defenders;
- enhance the rule of law.
In order to apply for a grant in the Call for Proposals 2018, projects should aim at:
- protecting and supporting human rights defenders;
- equal rights for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people (LGBTs);
- equal rights for women, in particular women’s political participation and
- preventing violence against women;
- promoting freedom of expression and internet freedom; and/or
- promoting freedom of religion and belief.
As the role of civil society is crucial in enhancing democracy and the rule of law as well as in protecting human rights and fundamental freedoms, the Netherlands furthermore aims at supporting and improving the role of civil society in the OSCE-area.
Project proposals covering (one of) the above mentioned fields are welcomed and can be sent to WEC-Projects@minbuza.nl.
Organizations interested in receiving funding should take note of the following conditions and technical specifications:
- The deadline for submitting proposals is 4 March 2018;
- Project proposals should be written in English;
- Maximum project duration is 3 years;
- The total project budget should be between EUR 25.000 and EUR 100.000 average (exceptions are possible);
- Information on (possible) co-funding and the implementer’s own contribution should be provided;
- Information on clear, measurable, visible and sustainable results, that have a practical/operational impact on the ground is required;
- Projects should be implemented by an OSCE institution, field mission or NGO directly involved in/with the OSCE mandate/work;
- Reporting: After completion of the project, proper narrative and financial reports should be submitted within 3 months. In the case of project duration of more than one year, a financial overview should be submitted annually.
The following Project Application Form can be used when applying for funding (use is recommended, but not obligatory).