Vacancy senior secretarial assistant at the Netherlands Permanent Representation to the OECD in Paris
The Perm Rep of NL to the OECD in Paris has a vacancy for a senior secretarial assistant. The position is for 26.25 hours per week and for an indefinite period of time. Are you our new colleague?
At the Permanent Representation of the Netherlands to the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (PV OESO) we represent Dutch interests at the OECD. Signaling activities and developments within the OECD to The Hague and promoting Dutch policy and positions at the OECD is our daily work. We do this in close contact with almost all ministries in The Hague and with the OECD secretariat.
The PV OESO team consists of an ambassador with 5 policy staff members and 2 senior secretarial staff, who collectively cover the entire scope of the OECD's work. The two senior secretarial staff work as a team. The PV has a flat organizational structure. The team members are largely individually responsible for the execution of tasks and result areas. Working contacts are mainly with the other OECD delegations, the OECD secretariat and the ministries in The Hague.
You provide policy support and cooperate with the staff of the Perm Rep of NL to the OECD by carrying out coordinating work in a politically and administratively dynamic context. You have a high degree of seniority and independence. You coordinate complex information flows with great independence and compile management information, which you check for completeness. You are the first point of contact and provide information to internal and external staff and contacts. You check information so that processes and procedures are well aligned. You work together with your fellow senior secretary and replace her when necessary.
- Secretarial (administrative) management and logistical and organizational support, including agenda management and business trips
- Organizing and coordinating seminars, visits and events, including the annual ministerial meeting (MCM)
- Acting as liaison betweem the internal organization and the external environment
- Reporting of meetings, drafting and preparing documents and taking care of correspondence and archiving (including staff confidential documents)
- Preparing meetings and work files
- Communication activities: maintaining the website and social media
- Organizing and handling protocol work with the OECD protocol division (together with the other colleague)
- Coordinating very large and complex information flows support.
- Diploma of (executive) secretary education. This requirement may, in some cases, be waived in case of a minimum of five years' experience as management assistant;
- Extensive experience as a management support worker (more than 2 years), preferably in an international organization and/or government;
- Knowledge of management support practices and methodologies;
- Command of Windows-based MS-Office programs such as Excel, Word, CRM and Outlook;
- You preferably speak Dutch as your mother tongue and have a thorough knowledge of English (C1 level) and a good knowledge of French (B2).
- You have experience with and dexterity in social/digital media.
Profile and competencies:
You work independently while also being a team player. You’re flexible and work together in a small business office with the other senior secretary PV OESO and the senior secretary PV UNESCO. There is a replacement arrangement between the three. You are friendly and customer-oriented and are a good planner and organizer. The relevant competences are:
- Customer orientation
- Organizational sensitivity
- Planning and organizing
Working level and salary
MBO working and intellectual level
Job level: scale 6
Number of hours: 26.25
Candidates are requested to send a CV accompanied by a motivation letter in Dutch or English no later than November 30, 2022 to: email@example.com with copy to: firstname.lastname@example.org;
For more information please contact Ilse van Ruler or Robert-Jan Scheer through email@example.com.
If you pass the selection, you will be invited for an interview.